I have officially been around for a quarter of a century, and it’s time for a new bucket list! My Golden List is a list of goals for the next two years, until my “Golden Birthday,” when I turn 27. As it is a short time period, this is a short, 7 item list. All of the items are focused on my personal goals for how I want to develop who I am as an individual.
1) Save up enough money to purchase and maintain my own car.
2) Solo cycle the Mississippi River Trail.
3) Finally defeat my fear and take a tram into the top of the St. Louis Arch – among other touristy things in STL.
4) Complete and publish my current novel.
5) Visit Scotland for a personal writer’s retreat.
6) Take a course (or two) on a subject I enjoy, but don’t know too much about.
7) Be hired by my ideal employer.
BONUS: Meet one of my living writer role models. (J.K. Rowling, George R.R. Martin, or Joss Whedon)